Capstone – Project
Franchise Model for Disruptive Cocktail/Mocktail Drink Mixer
A Collaboration Between
Zurena is a beverage company that was formed to create drinks and drink mixers. It has launched an innovative all-natural non-alcoholic craft cocktail & cocktail mixer that has the potential to disrupt the beverage industry. There are three markets: (1) Direct-to-Consumer via eCommerce, (2) Off-Premise via supermarkets and liquor stores, and (3) On-Premise via bars, restaurants, hotels, etc. The team is in process of building out a presence in the Washington DC Mid-Atlantic region. We believe that a franchise model can be a viable path to national growth. Would like to get a recommended franchise model blueprint, taking into account best practices, rules and regulations, and creativity given the disruptive nature of our product.
PR & Communications
Product Design & Development
Research & Development
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||1 Hour|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
February 27, 2021 - Competitive Assessment of Best-In-Class Franchises
Identify the top 10 franchises in the USA.
What is common among the franchises?
What makes each unique/special?
How do they maintain quality control?
What features would you recommend Zurena LLC focus on given our size and charge?
March 27, 2021 - Qualitative Feedback
Conduct two sets of qualitative interviews:
- Current franchise owners (preferably in the beverage industry). Understand what works, what doesn’t work and their wishes. Get their input on key considerations for a Zurena franchise.
- Zurena franchise prospects. Generate hypotheses about who would be the best target and why. Interview to understand their likely channels of becoming aware of a Zurena franchise opportunity, what marketing messages would resonate (i.e., what they would want from a Zurena franchise) and what concerns they may have in pursuing a franchise opportunity.
Synthesis of qualitative interviews.
April 10, 2021 - Regulatory Considerations
Conduct research to understand the regulatory considerations in executing a franchise. Reporting requirements. Tax requirements. Other?
Synthesis of regulatory considerations.
May 1, 2021 - Final Presentation
Present final recommendations.
- What is the optimal structure for a Zurena LLC franchise?
- Who is our target audience? Why?
- What are the compelling value propositions for our target audience to become a franchise owner?
- How do we find and market to our target audience?
- What support do we need to provide to our target audience beyond product?
- Which geographical markets should we target first? Why?
- Are there any key partnerships that will make a franchise path more successful?
- Overall would you recommend Zurena LLC pursue a franchise at this stage of our evolution? Why or why not?
Final presentation – PowerPoint with supporting documentation.
Presented via video conference.
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.