Capstone – Project
Design a detailed strategy for customer service and customer retention
A Collaboration Between
UpTop traditionally works with large property management entities and landlords and needs help better retaining and servicing their customers. They’re hoping to leverage you to explore best practices, tools, and technologies that can be used to improve their customer service, client retention, and up-sell process.
Sales & Business Development
Software Design & Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||5 Students per Group (61 Enrolled in Program)|
|Meeting Day & Time||Monday OR Wednesday (3:00 - 4:50 PM ET)|
|Student Time Commitment||4-7 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
January 29, 2020 - Explore UpTop's Website and Industry
- What’s a property manager?
- What does UpTop do?
- What does UpTop’s team look like?
- Why do customers need something like UpTop?
- Who are the key competitors?
Come to class prepared for a 30-minute web conference with the company’s executive team. Please prepare a list of questions to discuss throughout that session.
February 19, 2020 - Enterprise Sales Customer Service and Customer Retention Market Research
- How does enterprise customer service differ from B2C?
- How does customer retention differ from customer service?
- Review sales funnel for enterprise vs. B2C approach?
- What research exists around best practices for enterprise customer retention?
- What key criteria are needed for successful customer retention strategy? Consider:
Prepare a 15-minute presentation for the company based on your insights so that the company can provide feedback.
March 4, 2020 - Analyze UpTop's Current Customer Service Process
- Who does UpTop Serve? Who are the most essential stakeholders?
- How are these individuals tracked? How does the company interact with them?
- How does the company communicate with these customers? What tools are they using?
Prepare an in-class presentation and written Q&A for company to answer.
April 1, 2020 - Round 1 Recommendations: How do you suggest improving the customer retention process?
- How does UpTop’s customer retention strategy need to be improved?
- What tools would be required?
- What would be the cost-benefit of your proposed plan?
- How long would it take to implement?
- Who would be responsible for managing this process?
Present your 1st round of recommendations to the client for feedback and re-focus.
May 6, 2020 - Implementation & Technology Recommendation
- What are your final recommendations regarding UpTop’s customer retention strategy?
- What tools would you recommend moving forward with?
- How would you implement this plan?
- How would you measure success?
Prepare a final presentation for UpTop’s leadership team on the best way to improve their customer retention strategy.