We are a start-up with revolutionary cloud technology competing against a number of highly established companies within the financial technology industry (akin to competing against Verizon, AT&T, etc.). We are looking for an eager team of students to synthesize our value proposition and compare our brand and offering to our largest competitors to determine where we have a distinct advantage/disadvantage. Ultimately, the ask will be to provide tangible recommendations for 1) how we can better position the brand, 2) which marketing channels (new or existing) should be ramped up/down 3) which platform functions should be highlighted in our marketing materials, and 4) *BONUS* which high-value functions that exist on our competitors’ platforms should be built on our system.
Please keep in mind, we reimagine technological solutions to create efficiencies across highly established long-standing industries. We exist because the current technology in this industry is broken so please remember that the way things have been done in the past, is not the way it needs to be (or should be) done in the future.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 300 Park Avenue, Floor 14, New York, NY 10022
- Willingness to challenge the norm and think outside the box
- Enthusiasm, persistence, resilience and a positive attitude
- High expectations of yourself and those around you
- Flexible and creative mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in:
- Investment management or sales and trading
- Work experience, coursework, or internships in:
- Marketing or business development
- Product development (not required but helpful)
- Knowledge of financial markets, preferably fixed income
- A unique approach to problem solving through a technological lens
- The ability to succeed in a less structured environment with large amounts of flexibility
- An understanding of how to think about positioning a high growth brand
- Foundational product development knowledge
- A solid understanding of a key area within the fintech landscape
- An opportunity to interview for a future positions as interns or full-time hires
Product Design & Development
Research & Development
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
March 3, 2020 - Competitive Analysis
- Who are IMTC’s main competitors?
- How do their offerings compare and contrast?
- Who are their main clients? What do those clients have in common?
- What is their pricing?
Prepare a competitive analysis matrix that you can review with the IMTC team
March 5, 2020 - Company Positioning & Marketing Recommendations
Use insights from the competitive analysis to provide recommendations on:
- How we can better position the brand to compete and own a segment of the market moving forward,
- Which marketing channels (new or existing) should be ramped up/down,
- Which platform functions should be highlighted in our marketing materials, and
- *BONUS* which high-value functions that exist on our competitors’ platforms should be built on our system.
Prepare a final presentation including the resources you used to compile your competitive analysis and your recommendation for how IMTC should move forward.
There are no resources currently available