Capstone – Project
Forecasting of organic website lead generation rate based on pageviews.
A Collaboration Between
Create a Microsoft Power BI dashboard for incorporating data from Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Google Analytics to forecast the number of unique page views from organic search traffic required to generate one lead.
PR & Communications
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Montana|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Meeting Day & Time||TBD|
|Student Time Commitment||8-15 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||2 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
June 26, 2020 - Complete Software Learning Paths
How well do you know Google Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics, and Microsoft Power BI?Google Analytics: FREE 4-6 hours | https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/6FREE 4-6 hours | https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/course/7Microsoft Dynamics 365FREE 24 Minutes | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/enable-digital-transformation/FREE 32 Minutes | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/dynamics-365-for-sales/FREE 1 Hour | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/manage-leads-dynamics-365-sales/FREE 1 Hour | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/analyze-dynamics-365-sales-data/Microsoft Power BIFREE 1 Hour | https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/explore-power-bi-service/
Complete the certification completions (if desired).
- Please connect with Lesly Kenney on Linkedin.
- After completing each of the Google Analytics and Microsoft Learn modules please share your badge on your LinkedIn profile. (At the bottom of the popup that says “You did it!” you can click the LinkedIn logo to share this to your LinkedIn profile.)
July 3, 2020 - Google Analytics Assessment
- What are the highest organic trafficked web pages?
- How has this changed month over month since January 2020?
- What are the most effective Google Search terms?
- Where does the traffic comes from?
- How does Crayon’s performance compare with organic traffic to similar websites?
- How does Norway compare with the US?
- What other tools within Google Analytics can Crayon be using?
Present your understanding of Google Analytics and Crayon’s organic traffic performance
July 17, 2020 - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Assessment
- How many leads per month is Crayon getting through organic search traffic?
- Where are these leads originating?
- What other data is being collected on each lead?
Present your understanding of the Crayon’s use of Dynamics and the leads that are hitting their site organically
July 24, 2020 - Microsoft Power BI Dashboard
How can you combine the data from Google Analytics and Microsoft Dynamics 365 to help Crayon understand how lead generation is related to organic search data?
Create Microsoft Power BI Dashboard that helps Crayon forecast lead generation based on Organic Search
July 31, 2020 - Additional data correlations assessment
- How do you use/maintain the Power BI Dashboard?
- What methods can Crayon use to generate more organic web traffic?
- How much would it cost to increase web traffic by the amount needed to generate the appropriate amount of leads
Please prepare a final presentation that will help your project mentors pitch Crayon’s leadership on paying to increase organic search
There are no resources currently available