Sonia is a serial entrepreneur that recently launched Mixed Hub and is looking for help cultivating the vision and growth strategy, which should ultimately inform her fundraising strategy. The goal of this engagement is to help Sonia position her company for success in her fundraising pursuits. She would ideally like help identifying similar organizations that have successfully raised funding in the past and the process/strategy they used to get there. It would be most helpful to understand the structure of that financing and what the financing was ultimately used for. Ultimately, Sonia wants to be better prepared for her fundraising efforts. This likely includes detailing the product, traction, vision, team, and financials.
Students who enroll in this course will:
- Research and propose solutions to the challenges, demonstrate skills of critical thinking and critical business decision-making analysis.
- Communicate effectively in a business setting with colleagues and communities for the purposes of influencing the future of an organization
- Integrate decision making across all business functions
- Develop effective strategies while understanding the importance of ethical decision making.
- Explain the global strategic issues facing a business and it’s strategies taking into account cultural differences
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills and dispositions associated with effective collaboration with peers, founders and community.
- Students should have the ability to create business reports that effectively communicate business strategies, practices, and goals using emerging technology and management theories online and in-person.
- They should also have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel, Google Docs, and other relevant industry-specific programs.
- They should also have basic knowledge website programming and maintenance. This can also include a general understanding of web design and SEO, HTML, CSS and Wireframing
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure project agreement regarding the handling of confidential information and intellectual property.
Logistics: This “Interterm” Immersion will be based in Los Angeles, California. Students will need to secure transportation and lodging on their own. Additional details on travel can be found under “Travel Reimbursement Details” at the front of this document.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Research & Development
Software Design & Development
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
There are no resources currently available