Capstone – Project
Competitive and Industry Analysis to Help Explore New Industry Verticals as Target Customers for Product
A Collaboration Between
Impossible Objects has one of the most nuanced, progressive 3D Printing Technologies in North America. They currently support many industries by producing components that can help increase quality and efficiency within large manufacturer supply chains. Since their product has been effective at serving automotive, aerospace, military & defense, and industrial manufacturing, they’re hoping to leverage your expertise in analyzing additional verticals that might be a good avenue for growth.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign|
|Meeting Day & Time||N/A|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||1 Hour|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
February 22, 2019 - Deep Dive on Product, Business Model, and Industry with Focus on Competitive Landscape
- What’s the product? How is it different from traditional products?
- What are the main customer segments?
- How does each one of these customer segments perform?
- How is the industry value chain organized?
- Who are the main competitors? How do their models compare to Impossible Objects?
Produce an overview deck to present to the company based on your understanding of their business. Assemble a competitive analysis matrix based on key metrics related to products, business model, and overall strategy. Ensure you understand the business fully before moving on to more complicated parts of the project.
March 15, 2019 - Identify 5-10 Verticals as Future Target Audience
- What verticals seem most interesting as additional verticals for Impossible Objects to target given their current product and vision?
- What core criteria is required in order for these customer segments to make use of Impossible Objects?
- How would you classify, compare, and rank the different customer segments?
Design a deck highlighting the verticals in your Target Audience Analysis
April 19, 2019 - Recommend Vertical & Develop Launch Plan
- How should Impossible Objects proceed with their new segmentation strategy?
May 10, 2019 - Final Presentation & Paper
- Impossible Objects is looking for a comprehensive overview of the work that was done. Prepare a presentation and paper that provides an overview of the process that was used and the results that were ultimately generated.
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.