Capstone – Project
Market Analysis & Go-To-Market Strategy for Financial Technology Startup
A Collaboration Between
ArchLabs is a growing company that is looking for strategies to better identify, connect with, and deliver their unique value to target customers. ArchLabs is looking for your help to:
- Build an ideal customer profile. Help ArchLabs create an accurate and effective customer profile that will drive the prospecting process, increase efficiency in identifying and qualifying potential clients, and optimize the process closing clients.
- Make the product adoption process seamless. Support ArchLabs marketing strategies by identifying hooks that promote client software adoption, designing the adoption process, and determining the most effective means of communicating adoption during the sales process.
- Understand Operations and Documentations Related to Investment-Related Filings
- Analyze Financial Institutions as Customers
- Interview Customers & Build Useful Case Studies
- Conduct a Market Analysis
- Develop a Go-To-Market Strategy for Ideal Target Audience
Org Culture, D&I
Experiential Learning Program Details
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Meeting Day & Time||Monday Wednesday Friday 10:00a - 11:00a / 11:00a - 12:00p|
|Student Time Commitment||8-15 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||5+ Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
January 22, 2021 - Deep Dive on Arch Client Portfolio & Product
- What does arch do?
- Who do they serve?
- Conduct a deep analysis of the company’s product and customer portfolio
- Highlight your understanding of relevant products and processes
- Build case studies
- Divide clients into two main groups: 1) small-sized companies and 2) large-sized companies.
- Select four cases for analysis:
- 2 company success stories: 1 large company, 1 small company
- 2 failed companies: 1 large company, 1 small company
- Develop 2 client success stories detailing the client’s engagement with ArchLabs, including the client’s problem or need, how ArchLabs solved it, and how the client benefited from working with ArchLabs’ implementation of the technology and use of that technology for the customer.
- Develop client failure stories, detailing the client’s engagement with ArchLabs.
Present case studies on the digital transformation process experienced by a client as a result of the Arch product. The “success” case studies should be formatted as branded marketing material that can be used for customer outreach. The “failure” case studies are for your learnings only.
January 29, 2021 - Target Audience Analysis
- Who should Arch be targeting?
- What customer segments exist within Arch’s target customer? Consider: Family Offices, Investment Advisors, Fund Administrators, Endowments, Investment Firms (Venture and PE), Accounting Firms
- Which audience presents the best opportunity? Why?
- What is the size of each of these markets?
- What tools are they currently using to solve the current problem?
- Gather market research data
- Perform target audience analysis (who can Arch target with their product? why would they be interested? how would they use it? what is the size of this market in the US?)
- Identify emergent categories of customers, and provide examples for each category.
- Compare results from customer category analysis and case studies. How would you classify each of the case studies based upon results from the research on customer categories?
Build a market segment overview and guide to selling these customer segments based on priorities. Provide recommendations on ideal target audience segments based on your research.
February 12, 2021 - Develop Go-To-Market Strategy for Customer Segment of Choice
- Which target audience is the most appealing? Why?
- How would you recommend going to market for this audience?
Use the information you have gathered to create an effective, detailed plan that includes information such as:
- the market to pursue
- the size of that market
- the target customers (with examples of organizations and key roles)
- how/where to promote product
- the product offered and how it provides unique value to the target customer
- how you can use the case study you produced
- other relevant information as identified
Present Go-To-Market Strategy for Arch for a particular customer segment.
There are currently no supervisors assigned.
There are currently no students assigned.