HUNGRY’s business model is redefining the office food standard and disrupting the $50+ billion office catering market. By working directly with top chefs, HUNGRY saves companies an average of 33 percent when compared to traditional caterers. The platform’s streamlined marketplace allows customers to effortlessly order chef-prepared meals with just a few clicks. HUNGRY delivers, on average, more than 40,000 meals per month to hungry businesspeople and, for every two meals sold, donates one meal to those in need. To date, the company has donated more than 265,000 meals and counting.
HUNGRY has been expanding into new markets, which means more clients and chefs in more cities around the world. A key metric they’re beginning to track is the cost of every meal produced by their chefs, including the cost of ingredients, packaging, deliver, and chef time. A new priority for them is to try and help the chefs reduce the cost of ingredients so that they can improve both their margin and the margin for their chefs. Through a careful analysis of their current supply chain and chef resource planning process, HUNGRY is hoping that you as MBA Consultants will be able to provide recommendations when it comes to improving the cost of ingredients chefs need in order to produce food for their final customers.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 1560 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
- Appreciation for Food & Beverage market
- Understanding of B2B business model
- Understanding of online marketplaces
- Students will become hustlers.
- Students will become great operators.
- Students will gain supply chain and logistics planning skills.
- Students will understand how to analyze key cost implications (on a per unit basis).
- Students will learn how to become great entrepreneurs.
- Students will learn how to innovate.
- Students will learn how to thrive in a start-up ecosystem.
Sales & Business Development
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Submission|
Key Project Milestones
March 2, 2020 - Get Up-To-Speed on HUNGRY's Business Model
- What does HUNGRY offer as a service? Who are the key stakeholders? How are they involved?
- Who is the target audience?
- What is their pricing strategy?
- How has HUNGRY evolved over the past few years?
- What has been HUNGRY’s expansion strategy? How is it working so far?
- How do you see the company growing over the next 1-3 years?
Prepare for a Q&A session with HUNGRY’s executive team
March 2, 2020 -
March 3, 2020 - Hone In On Chef Experience & Logistics
- How does HUNGRY on-board new chefs? How are those chefs selected?
- How does HUNGRY ensure quality?
- How does HUNGRY get raw materials and packaging to their chefs?
- How does the company get the food from the chefs to their clients?
- What kind of volume are different chefs doing in different cities?
Map out the supply chain both visually and from a volume perspective
March 3, 2020 -
March 5, 2020 - Supply Chain Improvement Recommendations
Based on HUNGRY’s business model, growth strategy, and existing traction, propose a solution that will help the company better service the chefs from a logistics standpoint. Your suggestions should include a current understanding of the cost of materials required for chefs to produce and deliver meals to end customers. You should also showcase how the new plan for ingredients and packaging will reduce logistical burden and cost of ingredients for chefs in the HUNGRY network.
Produce a final presentation outlining your understanding of the business model, current chef experience, current cost of implications for ingredients and packaging, and your proposed solution to reduce costs of ingredients, packaging, and logistics for chefs in the HUNGRY network.
March 5, 2020 -
There are no resources currently available