Capstone – Project
Sales and Business Development Research support for Polyplexus, an online collaborative R&D platform: polyplexus.com
A Collaboration Between
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 12 E 49th St 11th floor, New York, NY 10017.
- Basic understanding of the product development process
- Interest in science and technology research
- Ability to communicate professionally (students might get a chance to interact with the client directly)
- Ability to prepare client-ready reports and presentations
LEARNING OBJECTIVESStudents will
- learn about commercializing a SaaS platform.
- gain insights into the R&D process.
- gain hands-on experience in working with a cross-disciplinary team.
- serve a real-time client project.
- learn about market analysis and customer development.
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 4-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||10/14 - 10/17/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
October 14, 2019 - Day 1 – Introduction
- Register for Polyplexus and exploring the platform
- Understand what is Polyplexus
- Learn about the current Polyplexus users
- Understand the operating structure of Polyplexus
- Learn who funds Polyplexus
- Understand how DARPA grants work
- Dive into specific customer use-cases
Q&A guide to discuss any gaps in understanding of the platform, users, and the operations.
October 15, 2019 - Day 2 – Product Feature Analysis
- In-depth analysis of each current Polyplexus feature
- Review of other platforms or products offering similar features individually or in a package
- Identification of potential new features based on existing functionality (i.e. no new development required)
- Attendance of call with the whole Polyplexus team to ask predetermined questions
A brief PowerPoint presentation to capture thinking to date, including product feature analysis.
October 16, 2019 - Day 3 – Development of Draft Commercialization Strategies
- Development of initial commercialization strategies for Polyplexus based on Day 1 and Day 2 work and presentation to H&S team
- Refinement of commercialization strategies based on feedback received from the H&S team
Working commercialization strategies for Polyplexus. Students may use tools such as Strategyzer’s Business Model Canvas.
October 17, 2019 - Day 4 – Development of Final Commercialization Strategies
- Finalize one or several commercialization strategies for Polyplexus
- Presentation to select Polyplexus team members
- Refinement of one or several commercialization strategies (if needed) to conclude internship
Final commercialization strategy(ies) for Polyplexus.
There are no resources currently available