HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 4026 Maher Street, Napa, CA 94558
- Familiarity with schools and nonprofits being different than for profit businesses
- Interest in developing a system that can impact
- An understanding of the importance of Mission, Culture, Heritage, and Catholic identity
- Pre-reading and the mental agility to cut through noise to get to root causes
- Students will be able to create a data dashboard to help the school inform its decision making
- Students will understand how financial, marketing/enrollment, and strategic decisions impact the culture and future of an organization
- Students will be able to integrate theory and practice
- Students will develop metrics that help the institution prioritize programs and personnel (what to offer and what not to) to benefit student success
Org Culture, D&I
Reporting, Financial Planning & Analysis
Experiential Learning Program Details
|School||University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business|
|Engagement Format||Capstone - Small Team Consulting Project - Students work in small groups of 2-6 directly with faculty and host company project champions on developing real solutions to real-world challenges.|
|Students Enrolled||120 Enrolled, 2-5 per group per project|
|Meeting Day & Time||3/2 - 3/5/2019 on-site at host company|
|Student Time Commitment||1-3 Hours Per Week|
|Company Time Commitment||3-5 Hours|
|Touchpoints & Assignments||Due Date||Type|
Key Project Milestones
March 2, 2020 - Day 1 - Onsite Conversations and Data Management Thinking
After meeting with various school personnel and reviewing the various data instruments used, the team will begin answering what data should be tracked and what instruments, programs, or systems could be used to inform decision making.
Draft Data Dashboard
March 3, 2020 - Day 2 - Success Metrics
What metrics should the school use to determine success of programs to help the school determine what programs to keep and which to consider or discontinuation.
Draft Protocol of programmatic success and possible decision making tree to help determine a program’s efficacy.
March 4, 2020 - Day 3 - Financial and Strategic Management
In looking at the school’s long range financial plan, capital campaign possibilities, other financial metrics, and the school’s strategic plan, what can the school create a protocol for creating a data-driven decision culture?
Draft Data-driven decision making culture suggestions
March 5, 2020 - Day 4 - Success metrics
What overall success metrics should the school track and share widely internally and externally? How does the school know it is making an impact in the lives of students and not simply using graduation as the sole metric for excellence?
There are no resources currently available