Return to all Internships
Designing our Growth Strategy
Already have an account? Login
Internship Program Synopsis
The Gem Project is dedicated to helping high school students graduate on-time. Their model is to enforce leadership and community service through a service-based fellowship between high school and college matriculated students. Their fellowship has traditionally been very hands-on, including peer mentoring, life-skill workshops, and service-learning initiatives, with a social justice approach. As a result of COVID, The Gem Project is looking for guidance as they build out and go-to-market with a fully virtual version of their program.
The Gem Project is looking for three (3) graduate marketing and business students interested in this fully virtual paid internship project, which will run 12-weeks from October through December.
$500 per intern upon completion of the entire project
VIP Info & Engagement Details
|Company||The Gem Project, Inc.|
|Duration||N/A (10/17/2020 - N/A)|
|Number of Student Teams Needed||1|
|Number of Interns per Team||1|
Sales & Business Development
September 12, 2020 - APPLICATION DEADLINE
All final interviews will be scheduled by/before this date!
September 18, 2020 - INTERN TEAM FINALIZED
Intern team finalized and officially on-boarded for the engagement
October 2, 2020 - PRE-KICKOFF MEETING & TRAINING
Let’s ensure you’re ready to get started next week!
October 19, 2020 - PROJECT KICKOFF MEETING
Let’s meet virtually to get to know one another and ensure you’re prepared for the project!
October 23, 2020 - Deep Dive on Current Programs & Competitive Offerings
- How does The Gem Project design their programs?
- What makes their programs unique and effective?
- How does The Gem Project measure success? What are the metrics that matter?
- What other programs are out there that offer similar solutions? How does The Gem Project compete?
October 30, 2020 - Target Audience Profiling & Market Analysis
- Who does The Gem Project serve?
- What are the key characteristics of each of the players within their ecosystem?
- Who pays? What is the market size?
- How does The Gem Project acquire new customers?
As you work through this milestone, think about the types of numbers or data points that would be exciting and appealing for marketing material.
December 4, 2020 - Current and Prospective User Interviews
- What can you learn by interviewing 1 former and 9 perspective stakeholders?
- How are they solving this problem currently? What issues are they encountering?
- What core competencies does The Gem Project offer that may be able to help solve some of these challenges?
Check Point: Please schedule time with Amanda and Ankush to review the Interview Guide by 11/4.
December 18, 2020 - New Program Ideation & Go-To-Market Strategy
- How can The Gem Project accomplish their mission virtually?
- What does their customer base need right now?
- How can The Gem Project help using its existing track record and resources?
- What resources will be required to effectively deliver the program?
- How will you measure success?
- How will you monetize the program?
- What is the projected revenue and cost to implement the program?
- Amanda Ebokosia | Empowering Youth and Strengthening Leadership | Conscious Cities Festival 2019
- Forbes 30 Under 30: Education, 2013
- The Gem Project Twitter
- Call to Action Youth Rally: Structural Racism Across Justice, Health, and Education
- The Gem Project Board of Directors
- Civic Spring Project (National Grant)
- Program Impact - 2018 (Example of Art Activism Project)
- A Gem of a Project: Obama Whitehouse Blog